Friday, December 12, 2008

Touching the Hand of Basketball Jesus

This story has little to do with Hiroki or Michiyo, but it was a great family experience for Hiroki's grandpa, Papa Joe Fingerhut. On December 7th, my brother Mark and I took Dad to Indianapolis for a Pacers-Celtics game. Not only that, but through some crazy wheeling and dealing, I got Larry Bird to call my Dad at work, and invite us to meet him at the game. NO JOKE! Here's a few pics. For many more photos, and every bit of this interesting tale, go here.


12/7/08, Indianapolis, Indiana: Pacers vs. NBA Champion Boston Celtics
Mark and My Dad
My Dad and me
Score at the end of regulation after a Paul Pierce 3-pointer.
Final Score after Ray Allen owning overtime.

Dad enjoying T.J. Ford's head, and Roy Hibbert's arms.

Yes, Dad got to meet the Larry Bird, aka the Basketball Jesus.

Merry Christmas, Papa Joe! Thank you for all of our great memories, basketball and otherwise!

Once again, for more pics, videos, and all the details of this phenomenal road trip, click here.

No comments: